Day Trips from Paris
Students in the Paris Institute of Creative Arts program have access to some of the finest museums, galleries, theaters, and architectural monuments in the world. Our program features a wide variety of cultural activities that give students an extraordinary opportunity to enhance their experience abroad. Special events such as neighborhood walking tours, museum visits and music performances are regularly scheduled. Most activities are covered in the cost of tuition and include day trip excursions from Paris to places such as Chantilly, Giverny, Fontainebleau, Provins, Chartres or Versailles.
- Chateau de Versailles Accessible by the Paris suburban train system (RER). The world-famous palace of King Louis XIV that served as the symbol of wealth, power and absolute monarchy. The spectacular gardens were designed by landscape architect le Nôtre.
- Medieval town of Provins East of Paris, Provins offers a quiet, nature-filled beautiful Medieval town and countryside just an hour and a half from Paris. The upper Medieval town is filled with historic timber houses from 500 or more years ago and numerous monuments dating to the 12th and 13th centuries. The peaceful train ride gives a view over the vast and rolling farmland just outside the Paris city limits.
- Parc St. Cloud and Musée Albert Kahn Near to Paris, the Parc St. Cloud is considered one of the most beautiful French style parks in the Paris area. The Musée Albert Kahn houses the largest collection of Autochrome photographs in the world and is the site of one of the most beautiful private gardens in France.
- Chartes Cathedral Just an hour train ride from Paris is the delightful village of Chartres, which features the Chartres Cathedral, one of the finest examples of Gothic architecture in all of Europe.
- Giverny Monet’s home for 43 years, which served as inspiration for many of his famous works, including his Les Nympheas (The Waterlilies).
- Fontainebleau Less than hour from Paris, a royal palace and hunting grounds much favoured by many of the French Kings.
- Troyes Close to Paris, charming Medieval town with beautiful examples of Medieval architecture.