Jazz Music Venues
Paris has long been an important capital of jazz music and has always been home to many jazz clubs dedicated to bringing the best jazz music from around the world to an eager community of jazz fans. Paris was a favorite destination for many of the great American jazz musicians of the 20th century. Such greats as Bud Powell, Dexter Gordon and Sidney Bechet all chose to make Paris their home base. Fleeing Jim Crow laws, segregation and racism, they found in France an openness they had not experienced in the U.S. Paris continues to support many dedicated jazz venues and many others which regularly program jazz musicians from around the world.
- Duc des Lombards | 22 rue des Lombards, Métro: Les Halles (1, RER A, B).
- Sunset Sunside | 60 Rue des Lombards, Métro: Les Halles (1, RER A, B). Cozy spot where the audience is right up close to the musicians. Variety of musical styles.
- Le Baiser Salé | 58 rue des Lombards, Métro: Les Halles (1, RER A, B). From traditional to fusion jazz.
- Jazzcartoon | 138 rue de Montmartre, Métro: Sentier. Restaurant with basement jazz concerts. bebop, bossa nova, blues and swing.
- 38 RIV Jazz | 38 Rue de Rivoli, Métro: Hôtel de Ville (1, 11). Eclectic selection of jazz and other musical genres. Bebop, swing, bossa nova, funk.
- 7 Lézards | 10 rue des Rosiers, Métro: Saint Paul (1). Restaurant, Tea house and jazz concerts of all styles.
- Péniche Marcounet | Port des Célestins, below Pont Marie bridge, Métro: Pont Marie (7) or Hôtel de Ville (1, 11). How about some jazz on a boat docked in the Seine right near the Hôtel de Ville in downtown Paris with a view of Notre Dame?!
- Caveau de la Huchette | 5 rue de la Huchette, Métro: St. Michel (4, RER B, C). Focusing mainly on 1920s style jazz with a cozy underground space where dancing is encouraged.
- Le New Morning | 9 rue des Petites Ecuries, Métro: Poissonnière (7), Bonne Nouvelle (8, 9).
- Onze Bar | 83 rue Jean-Pierre Timbaud, Métro: Parmentier. Very eclectic: jazz, blues, funk, afrobeat, folk, rock…Crowded day and night. Food and drink prices are reasonable.
- Jazz Café Montparnasse | 13 Rue du Commandant René Mouchotte, Métro: Montparnasse (4). 30 years of history at this Jazz spot. Excellent food and no fees for the music.
- Bal Blomet | 33 Rue Blomet, Métro: Volontaires (12). The oldest jazz club in Paris. Recently renovated space. Eclectic music selection from experimental and avant garde to more traditional jazz as well as world and classical music offerings.
- Jazz Club Etoile | 81 Boulevard Gouvion-Saint-Cyr, Métro: Victor Hugo (2). Jazz bar originally opened in 1975. Has attracted greats like Dizzy Gillespie, Cab Calloway and others. Upcoming Concerts.
- Autour de Midi | 11 rue Lepic, Métro: Blanche (2). See up and coming Jazz groups here.
- la Philharmonie de Paris | 221 avenue Jean Jaurès, Métro: Porte de Pantin (5). The new Jean Nouvel designed music hall. Specializing in classical music but regular jazz and world music events as well. Worth the visit for th e amazing acoustics and the striking design inside and out. Upcoming Concerts.
- Studio de l’Ermitage | 8 rue de l’Ermitage, Métro: Pyrénées (11). Specializing in jazz and world music. Typical prices: 13-20€. Upcoming Concerts.
- Les Trois Arts | 21 rue des Rigoles, Métro: Jourdain (11). A Breton tavern, here you’ll hear jazz, folk, classical…as well as storytelling from around the world!
- Mon Coeur Belleville | 1 Rue des Envierges, Métro: Pyrénées (11). View over the Parc de Belleville and Paris beyond. Excellent restaurant. Jazz mostly limited to Sunday afternoons.
- Nubia | 57 Métal, Quai Georges Gorse, Île Seguin, Métro: Pont de Sévres (9). Club run by world famous bassist Richard Bona (3 grammies) who brings in great musical groups from all styles: jazz, soul, hip hop, blues, electro, etc.
Other PICA pages which may interest you:
- Check out our Paris Music Concert Venues Page
- Learn about the Different Paris Neighborhoods.
- Learn about French Culture & Customs.
- The PICA Paris Museums Page.
- Visit the PICA Paris Cultural Activities Page.
- Check out the PICA Day Trips Page.
- Check out our always-growing PICA Paris Restaurants Page.
- Recommended List of Paris Cafés & Bars.
- Where to Shop in Paris.
- Looking for Vintage Clothing Shops?