Financial Aid for Study Abroad
The Paris Institute of Creative Arts does not currently offer any direct financial aid to its study abroad students. Students are encouraged to discuss options for using the financial aid they receive from their home school during a study abroad period in Paris with PICA> This aid can often include federal and private loans as well as scholarships. Contact your home school financial aid and study abroad offices to see what the process is for your specific school. Additionally, be sure to look at outside scholarship opportunities specifically designed for study abroad.
Study Abroad Scholarship Resources
- Black Excel: One of the largest scholarship and resource databases for minority students.
- College Board: Free online scholarship database.
- FastWeb: Free online scholarship database.
- IIEPassport Study Abroad Funding:Free online database of study abroad scholarships, fellowships, and grants.
Study Abroad Scholarships
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program: Provides awards for US undergraduate students who are receiving federal Pell Grant funding at a 2-year or 4-year college or university to participate in study abroad programs worldwide. Based on financial need. Sponsored by the US Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs.
Level: undergrad Award: up to $5000 (plus additional bonus funds available to Gilman Scholarship recipients only)
- Rotary Ambassadorial Scholarships: The Rotary Club offers 3 different types of scholarship: Academic Year Ambassadorial Scholarships for 1 year of study abroad, Multi-Year Ambassadorial Scholarships for 2 years of degree-oriented study abroad, and Cultural Ambassadorial Scholarships for 3 or 6 months of language study and cultural immersion abroad. Applicants must be a citizen of a country that has Rotary Clubs and must have completed at least 2 years of college-level coursework or equivalent professional experience before commencing their scholarship studies.
Level: undergrad or graduate Award: $13,000 – $25,000
- Glimpse Correspondents Programs: The Glimpse Foundation and The National Geographic Society seek talented writers, photographers, and filmmakers to record their experiences studying abroad.
Level: undergrad Award: $600
- Jerome Foundation Travel & Study Grant Program: Awards grants to emerging creative artists with funds supporting periods of travel for the purpose of study, exploration, and growth.
Level: undergrad Award: varies