PICA Winter Program in Paris
Paris Institute of Creative Arts offers American University level undergraduate courses in a variety of areas of study. All classes are taught in English. Students studying during the January Program session enroll for a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 6 credit hours. All students are required to take the History of Art & Architecture of Paris class. They have the option of additionally taking the Digital Photography class.
January Session Details: January Session (3 Weeks) Total Credits: 3-6.
Tentative dates: January 2-22, 2019
PICA January Session Classes: History of Art & Architecture in Paris (required), Digital Photography (optional)
January Session Classes:
History of Art & Architecture of Paris: This classes meet 3 hours per day. This class will keep students out in the city of Paris visiting many of the different monuments and museums (the Louvre, Musée d’Orsay, the Petit Palais, the Centre Pompidou and others) throughout the city to discover the history of Paris through its art and architecture.
Digital Photography: Students will travel throughout Paris and its various and unique neighborhoods to get a close-up look at both famous architectural monuments as well as lesser known neighborhoods within and around Paris. The teacher, an artist exhibiting his own work in galleries and museums in numerous countries in Europe and North America will share his expert advice on the most powerful ways of capturing the most striking and personal images of all the sites we’ll visit. Some time will be spent discussing the use of Adobe Photoshop and/or Adobe Lightroom for editing images.
Grading and Evaluation: Students are graded using the American University model of evaluation.
Field Trips: Every student has the opportunity to participate in at least one walking tour of Paris during the orientation period. Most PICA Art History and studio art courses integrate on-site visits to museums and exhibitions. Special excursions are considered an integral part of the course curriculum and attendance is mandatory. Museum entry fees during class time are covered by the PICA program.
January Session Activities:
- Welcome Dinner
- One or two day field trips outside Paris (possibly including Versailles, Parc St. Cloud, Chantilly, Fontainebleau, Musée Albert Kahn)
- Students will be required to take the History of Art & Architecture in Paris class
- A second three credit class in Digital Photography is optional
- Each class will offer 3 credits for transfer to student’s home university
Click here to begin your PICA Application process with our partner Athena Abroad.
Learn more about Paris on these other PICA pages:
- Learn about the Different Paris Neighborhoods.
- Learn about French Culture & Customs.
- The PICA Paris Museums Page.
- Visit the PICA Paris Cultural Activities Page.
- Check out the PICA Day Trips Page.
- Check out our always-growing PICA Paris Restaurants Page.
- Recommended List of Paris Cafés & Bars.
- Where to Shop in Paris.
- Looking for Vintage Clothing Shops?
- Where to go for Paris Nightlife.